This is an extracurricular internship. Please only apply if you have completed your university studies. Please submit both CV and Cover Letter in English: both are mandatory for your application to be considered.
Internship at the London-based Furness Insurance Services group of companies, which includes: International Professional Risks Europe, Lloyd’s Broker (www.iprbrokers.com), Furness Underwriting Europe, MGA Lloyd’s Coverholder (www.furnessunderwriting.com), CHP Legal, loss adjusters (www.chplegal.com).
Areas of Activity
Business-to-Business Insurance, Professional Indemnity, Underwriting, Broking, Loss-Adjusting.
- Understand the dynamics of Lloyd’s insurance market
- Learn about the main classes of risk and their characteristics- Understand what Lloyd’s Brokers, Coverholders and loss-adjusters do.
- Acquire a 360-degree overview of the Liability insurance
- Understand the synergies among the companies of the FIS group
- Improve the English language skills
- Assist in daily business activities
- Be involved in one-off projects and in various steps of the risk management cycle
- Research insurance related matters
- Analyse data and draft reports
- Shadow key people in various departments
- To have attended insurance-related university courses or have an insurance-related work experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- English level B2
- Italian level C1
- Spanish, French are a plus
- Open to business economics, law graduates
- Yearly calendar of 3-month internships:
- Week 2 to Week 14 (January to early April)
- Week 15 to Week 27 (April to early July)
- Week 35 to Week 47 (late August to late November)
- Compensation: A grant is provided for the internship
The Furness Insurance Services (FIS) group of companies provides unrivalled integrated services to the insurance industry: brokers, MGAs, risk carriers and direct clients in a broad range of classes of risk.
FIS’ mission is to anticipate and exceed the expectations of Partners and Customers.
The group’s head office is based in the City of London, operations are conducted from London, Milan and Brussels.
THIS IS AN EXTRACURRICULAR INTERNSHIP. PLEASE APPLY AS EARLY AS TWO/THREE MONTHS IN ADVANCE AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR UNIVERSITY STUDIES.
Privacy Notice: The process of handling personal data by the companies belonging to the Furness Insurance Services group complies with the GDPR – EU Regulation 2016/679.